05 August 2010

wi-fi up a holler!

I decided to write a brief blog since i have a quiet minute. I am traveling right now in my downtime from Darling Waste.

I am recording a 15 song album of gospel music right now. My mother is playing all the songs on piano, i am playing guitar and my grandmother is singing. I am currently in Stickney, West Virginia at my grandparents house. Their new neighbor got unprotected Wi-FI!

Last night I drove through a huge storm. A tree fell in front of me on the road and I had to drive through the one lane mountains of WV to find an alternate route. As soon as I got to my grandparents house the power went out. It was still out this morning so we couldn't record the album unless we thought of something else.

We rented out a VFW hall for the day and made it into a makeshift studio. My gandmother (maw maw) sang 15 gospels songs in one day. When her voice would get to weak and sore we would take a break and then get back to it 15 mins later. It was a great experience.

I am heading up to Pittsburgh PA tomorrow to see some old friends, have a dentist appointment and (hopefully) see my chiropractor. Sat I am checking out an all day punk and metal festival that my friend is throwing, then I am playing an acoustic show at a great little place called the fallout shelter.

I got to spend a week with my daughter at myrtle beach last week and it was just amazing. It's been a great summer.

This Sept. I am meeting up with the band, playing some shows in Ohio, PA, WV, NJ and NY. At the end of the tour we are loading the van, trailer and gear onto a boat, taking the subway to the airport and flying to England. I bought my plane ticket this week. I am so excited to start this journey that will hopefully take is to at least 8 countries. This is by far the biggest thing I have ever done and it's all I am thinking about. I hope I don't die alone in a country where I don't speak the language. But I know if I do it's better than living and dying in the same town I grew up in.

Time for dinner. My grandfather (Paw Paw) made corn (roastnears as he calls them) and I think my Maw Maw made potatoes (taters) and greens.

Lance

No comments: