13 January 2010

I've decided to do a solo record

so my band and I are in the middle of writing what will most likely be a 5 song ep that will be coming out in Europe in April. The record is coming together great, but it definitely has a certain "sound" to it. I do love the direction we are going but I have some songs that are a little more southern rock, folk, alt-country what have you (think ryan adams, bright eyes, william fitzsimmons, weakerthans, john prine). so i have decided that after the release of the next darling waste ep. and after our UK and U.S. spring and summer tours, I am gonna hide out for a couple of weeks somewhere in the south and make a 5-7 song solo ep. I am gonna get a band together and i think maybe track it live in a studio some where. i really have no plans to push the album or promote it and darling waste is still my baby and my one true love in live.i will most likely have it for download online and for sale for a couple bucks at darling waste shows. if anyone has cool ideas for an interesting way to release this or if you are a talented southern rock, gospel, country session musicians who wants to get down on this, let me know :)

love love love

lance waste

No comments: